Amanda, my stylin’ friend from coos & ahhs, is kicking off my week of vacation guest posts with these backpack picks. I’m glad my little guys already have backpacks to haul through the airport because I’d have a hard time deciding which of these nine to get! Thanks Amanda!
Send Them Packing!
School’s out and the summer holidays are among us! The warm weather and no school means we all need a little space. So no matter if your little one is off to camp, a visit to grandma’s house or a full-on family vacation, send him packing–and schlepping his own stuff for once!–with any of these adorable bags. He’ll be begging to carry his ten pounds of action figures.
1- Fjallraven, Classic
2- Franck & Fischer, Penguin
3- Herschel Suppl,y Settlement
4- Medium Control, Watson the Cat
5- Blabla Kids, Bubbles
6- Esthex, Morris the Fox
7- MIBO, Lion
8- Esthex, Monkey
9- American Apparel Kids, Color Block
I’m happy to welcome my stylish buddy Amanda from coos & ahhs as my guest today. Inspired by my summer travels, she rounded up some great travel gear for modern moms. I totally use #8 in my bags always. Great for keeping little things together both for myself and for the boys!
Up, Up & Away!
I know you modern mamas like to travel in style, but sometimes that can be hard with tots in tow. Here are some items that can ease the stress of family travel while still looking good!
1. Ploc Magazine. This adorable magazine will keep you and your little one entertained with lots of activities and stunning illustrations by 60s French legend Alain Gree.
2. Think Bento Set. Pack some healthy snacks to avoid a meltdown/sugar crash at 30,000 feet.
3. Urbanears Headphones. Who could get through a 4-hour flight without some iPhone/Pad entertainment? These headphones fit little and big heads and come in an array of fun colors.
4. Skip*Hop Zoo Luggage. Pack this little bee up with your kiddo’s favorite toys and books and he’ll be happy to lug it around the airport!
5. Skip*Hop Zoo Neck Rest. Is it me? Or is having a nap-skipping toddler trapped next to you on a flight the biggest nightmare? Well these neck rests should make taking a nap—or at least quiet time—more fun!
6. Coq en Pate Pencil Pouch. Be prepared with your art supplies in this stylish pouch.
7. Trunki. This is THE carry-on for tots. Have your little one pack, ride, pull and decorate it while you are stuck in O’Hare for the next 3 hours.
8. Baggu Zip Bags. The key to smooth travel with kiddo is be organized. Organize snacks, toys, stickers, diapers, you name it! in these lightweight bags.
The very lovely and talented Amanda of Coos & Ahhs is pitching in today to inspire you while I’m on vacation. She shares both decor and fashion ideas for boys and babies from her home base in Brooklyn, NY. As a mom of two boys, I appreciate this rare boy-centered, or gender-neutral perspective. If you’ve got boys or are expecting one soon, you’re going to have to start following Coos & Ahhs.
I am attracted to children’s decor and toys that celebrate the undistinguished of the animal kingdom: raccoons, rats, ostriches and, squirrels!
Unfortunately, living in new york city, I live amongst many critters, and squirrels are the only ones that don’t make my skin crawl. Here is a little round-up of my favorite city dwelling critter.
1- Nutty Squirrel Pull Toy from Kid-O
2- Mini Squirrel Plushie from KLTWorks- $19
3- Squirrel Lamp*- $154 AUD
4- Garden Tatoos from Wee Gallery- $5
5- Woodland Squirrel Forest Animal Bookend from Graphic Spaces Wood- $80
6- Modern Animal Squirrel Clock from decoylab- $68
7- Mini-McNuttie the Squirrel from blabla kids- $36
8- Areaware Pico Squirrel Pillow- $28
9- Cyril Squirrel-fox by Donna Wilson*- £48
10- “Forest Friends” Paper Animals (pdf with instructions) from Mibo- $5.60
11- Squirrel in a Squall Serigraph by Charley Harper- $350
*not available in the US