Modern for the Masses: Babyletto Cribs

I was so happy to see a strong showing from Babyletto at ABC Kids.  The cribs looked fantastic but what is so great about these is the price!  Even my dad always tells me that the stuff on buymodernbaby is so expensive but I try to show him- that’s not always true!  There are options in every price range, and babyletto cribs and dressers are among the more affordable.

Mercer, Modo, Harlow, Modena and Grason Mini Crib

In addition to the Mercer (now available in white) and Modo cribs (bottom left), Babyletto introduced the Harlow Crib (top), the Modena Crib (bottom right) and the Grayson Mini Crib.  So exciting to have more choices in such a great price range.  Most of the cribs have a matching dresser as well.

And if you’re looking for a real show-stopper- the tree bookcase is available for pre-order.  At $700, I think they are going after the Nurseryworks customer, not the Babyletto customer, but the tree looks great with the Babyletto cribs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Babyletto, Esther. Esther said: Modern for the Masses: Babyletto Cribs: New cribs, new colors and a really big tree http://bit.ly/av5AV2 [...]

19 Nov 2010, 7:48am
by Elena Martino

Where can the tree bookcase be purchased

I don’t think it’s available yet. I’ll inquire and get back to you.

Unfortunately it looks like we’re going to have to wait about 14 months for this one.

Any idea when the new cribs will be available? I’ve tried to do a search on them, but no luck. I am especially interested in the Modena Crib.

Good news Amanda: the Modena crib should be up on the Wal-Mart website in January! The other cribs should be there in February or March. I hope that will work for you :-)

17 Jan 2011, 5:09pm
by Caitlin

Ever since this post I have not-so-patiently been waiting for the Greyson mini-crib to be released. It looks exactly like Bloom’s Alma (mini-) crib. I would have loved to get the Alma, but since my son is adopted and won’t be home until he is around a year old, I probably won’t get much use out of a mini-crib. I thought I might just go straight for a toddler bed, but then decided I would settle in to wait for Bloom’s Alma Papa. (Ugh, there is almost too much choice for the modern nursery theses days!)

Today I discovered Wal-Mart’s new Modena crib in grey. ( Amanda (in the above comment) — It is now available!) This is interesting to me for two reasons. The first reason is because I may considering getting it instead of the Papa. It doesn’t look exactly like it, but I do like the crib and most of all the price tag! The second reason is because it pretty much confirms (to me anyway) that Babyletto’s Mercer is the same crib as Wal-Mart’s Baby Mod Parklane crib. I have heard “rumors” of this for a while now, but the fact that Wal-Mart’s Modena crib was on demo with the Babyletto people (Million Dollar Baby, Nurseryworks, etc.), I am thinking that it is probably true. People considering the Mercer may want to save $100 and go with the Parklane. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it really the same crib?

And, Esther — Thank you for your blog! It is my absolute favorite. It is a total life saver. I am following every day! I love all of your design boards and especially love your boys’ rooms. (You have inspired so many cool nursery ideas for me. I have even been making my own design boards. I think I could happily do 100 different nurseries for my son. It is hard to pick just one.)

I can’t believe I didn’t realize this already, but Baby Mod furniture is made my MDB, which owns Babyletto (this all makes too much sense now). And so yes, for Amanda, the Modena crib is now available!: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Mod-Modena-4-1-Crib-3-Drawer-Changing-Table-Mattress/15690208
Thanks for bringing up the point Caitlin!

And for the Mercer vs. Parklane- looks the same, made by the same company…

And thanks for your ultra-kind comments Caitlin! It means a lot to me. I love so many of the new products out there but I don’t need any of them because I’ve already got everything I need and my boys just keep getting bigger! But the boards are a great way to dream and be creative :-)
Let me know what you come up with for your nursery. The Modena in gray is a great option if you don’t want to wait for a more expensive Bloom Alma Papa! At 1 year old you’d probably get only a year to 1 1/2 years out of a crib but it’s a lot easier to have a crib for that year than to try to keep an active toddler in a little bed at night. My first went into a toddler bed at 25 months but since #2 still isn’t climbing out, I’m going to have him stay in the crib a little longer (just to make it easier for myself!). Let me know what you end up going with and definitely share pictures of the room when you’re done!

Re: Mercer vs. ParkLane: the finish options are different.

16 Feb 2011, 11:02am
by amanda79

when will the modo with the light wood base be available? i can only find the espresso base online!

Sorry to disappoint you Amanda. They aren’t going to be making the light wood base as there wasn’t enough interest in it.

4 Mar 2011, 7:18pm
by Anonymous

Any news on when the Grayson mini crib will be out and how much it will be? Thanks Esther!

I haven’t heard back about this yet. But I’ll let you know as soon as I get the info!

Your blog is the best, it’s how I found the exact crib I wanted! (The Harlow). We’ve ordered it, however it just got pushed from March 31st arrival, to end of April arrival. Hoping it doesn’t get pushed again with our little one arriving in June.

Thanks Gina! I hope it get to you in plenty of time. Send pics when the nursery is all done!

22 Mar 2011, 2:08pm
by Esther Garfield

So- the Grayson mini crib is still being tested but they’re shooting for May or June. Fingers crossed.

6 May 2011, 4:32pm
by Anonymous

This website has the Grayson on preorder. It won’t be out until June so it’s a bit early but it looks like the price will $199 and it will come in gray, white, espresso, and navy. I don’t know anything about this site, but here it is; hopefully this info is accurate: http://www.nessaleebaby.com/grayson-mini-crib.html

9 Dec 2011, 11:43pm
by Anonymous

I think the Grayson mini crib is finally, finally out, well at least on pre order. I just discovered that Walmart is carrying the ‘Dylan mini crib’ and it looks to be the exact same crib as the Grayson, but for less money!